My Journey

Saturday, August 28, 2004

There's a Binky Under My Seat

It's an overwhelming feeling when something you believed in so much can gaze back at you. 9 months of drama, tears, and debates about abortion resulted in something amazing - my niece. Aaliyah, who was bright eyed and smiling when I told her goodbye at 5 in the morning, has brought more joy to my family than anything I can remember. I held back tears when I left, knowing that when I return she will be crawling, cooing, and I will have missed so much. Today I couldn't help but smile when unloading my car - her pacifier was under my seat. It will go back in the mail soon, but for now it's a reminder of where I come from - my town, my home, my family - and of what can happen when people make the choice to believe in each other.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home