My Journey

Monday, December 06, 2004

Processing

"Lookin back through time you know it's clear that I've been blind, I've been a fool
To open up my heart to all that jealousy, that bitterness, that ridicule"
David Grey

Still recovering from a crazy weekend. Questioning myself, my involvement with MSUSA - feeling like I've failed sucks. It doesn't matter whether I did or not - it feels like I did and it sucks.
"You have to distance yourself from it," one of the other directors told me. I can't not be personally invested. I risked a lot for this - stood up for what I believed in - lead others in the same direction. I've learned what I've learned by giving what I gave; everything I had.
To have someone tell me they don't trust my decisions...to have people constantly questioning and doubting...it gives me this feeling in my stomach I don't think I'll ever be able to explain.
"Be tough," I tell myself. I believe that I've done what's best for the association. It was seldom easy, and it's pissed people off, but I still believe I did what's right.
Is it time for me to be done? To focus on things here - to remove myself from the drama - to quit being the one who puts out fires...
So many decisions that I don't have the energy to make now. Want to be home, with time to reflect, to be away from all of this. To be around people who knew me before this, who would support me if I walked away from everything tomorrow...15 more days...



2 Comments:

  • At 1:10 AM , Blogger Berne said...

    It is human nature to become personally invested...virtually impossible not to after you've been involved for so long. You do a wonderful job, You have made the right choices.

    No one wants you to walk away, but I believe all of us who know you would support any decision you make. Your well being is most important. When this crap starts to intrude on your life outside, its scary.

    Everyone here has confidence in you. There is a reason you are the leader. We trust you and thats what counts. How could we not? You are awesome!

    May Chrustmas bring clarity to you. (And the future also bring sanity to MSUSA)

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We all would, especially those who knew you before this.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home