My Journey

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Funk

Check your pulse it's proof that you're not listenin' to the call your life's been issuin' you
A rhythm of a line of idle days
John Mayor
Restless and bored. So much to do - projects, papers, my thesis...and I don't care. I'm tired of school and tired of the same routine. Tired of being in love with someone who isn't here and of seeing my neice grow up in pictures. Tired of hearing how my grandpa is doing and not being there to see for myself, constantly asking myself whether I'll see him again if I don't go home for Thanksgiving. Tired of being the mom in my house - the one that cleans and deals with things when they break. Tired and wondering where I went. This is ALL my choice. If I hate it here I could leave - I could quit school, move, and be gone - but I won't, because I'm invested, and because I would miss it - the school, the town, my friends. I miss feeling like I'm doing something here - like I'm making a difference. I've had this thing hanging over my shoulders since the summer and for the life of me I can't get it to go away...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM , Blogger Angela said...

    It is so crazy to me, this blogging community thing, and the way in which we are able to find people to relate to in odd and interesting ways. Thank you for stopping to read about my life and for sharing yours. I don't think you share too much. It's good to know I'm not alone in the world.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home