My Journey

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I Want This

I'm finding out what it feels like to not be able to focus on this week's list of assignments, but rather on this week's goals within our home and within our relationship. And when I think of my future now, I don't think about the classes I need to take to graduate so that I can have that wonderful, magical promise-land-type job some day. When I think of my future now, I think about what Kelly and I want to be doing and where we want to be and the expectations we hold for ourselves and how we're going to get there as a team.

What I wouldn't give to be at the point where this was us...but it will not be, not for another year and a half, and I can't help but wonder sometimes if we're strong enough to make it that long. When does it reach a point where one of us makes the decision that something needs to change...not giving up our dreams, but figuring out how it's possible to accomplish them without sacrificing each other?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    When you figure it out, Julie, you'll know that what you have is what you need, and only then. . .

    (you probably won't get this because I'm WAY late at reading this stuff!) (if Nicole sent you the same reply, it is because she never signs out of this computer and I never notice until too late... neither does Trisha.) uuuggghhhhh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home