My Journey

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

32 Flavors and Then Some

I'm not trying to give my life meaning by demeaning you.
And I would like to state for the record, I did everything that I could do.
I'm not saying that I'm a saint I just don't want to live that way no,
I will never be a saint but I will always say
Squint your eyes and look closer
I'm not between you and your ambition
I am a poster girl with no poster
I am thirty-two flavors and then some
And I'm beyond your peripheral vision
So you might want to turn your head
Cause someday you might find you're starving and eating all of the words you said.
Ani DiFranco

Conference call Monday morning for MSUSA - so much for not thinking about it until after the break. This area of my job is one that I often find frustrating and time consuming, but is also something that I'm passionate about. 7 universities come together with the opportunity to speak as one. We have the chance to do incredible things this legislative session - to represent students, to learn, to network - to give back, and I'll be damned if I let someone take that away from me. The people that are so quick to criticize me do not know me.
Leadership is not pleasing people - it's leading them. That sometimes means doing things they don't understand and hoping they trust that you have their best interests in mind. People have the right to question my decisions - I have the right to prove them wrong.
I will prove that I am confidant and strong and will not forget that I represent the 5,000 students of Bemidji State. Their voice will be heard, and I will succeed. If anybody wants to join me go right ahead. If you don't, stand back, watch, and prepare to be amazed.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM , Blogger Berne said...

    I'll join you...and so will the rest of Senate, I'd imagine. You're doing a wonderful job on that board, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

    A conference call during finals, when half the schools will already be on break? What's Mr. Chair smoking?...LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home