My Journey

Friday, June 03, 2005

Visitor

From the day that we met 2 summers ago we clicked. We'd both been elected in to positions we felt somewhat underqualified for, and we found comfort in knowing that we weren't in it alone. Through 2 terms we grew up together. When things with Senate were really bad...or really good...he was the first person I called. Somewhere along the way we became like brother and sister, and even though Senate is over for both of us, that relationship is still there.
I didn't know he was coming yesterday until he was here. We spent the night talking about the future and relationships and how we were both having a little more trouble adjusting to living alone than we would like to admit.
It was fun...comfortable.
"I'll call you next time I'm driving and I'm bored," he said.
"That's when I always call you," I laughed.
"I know," he replied.
And then he left, both of us feeling a little more at home than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home