My Journey

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The State of the Union

I watched for nearly 55 minutes, waiting for him to tell me how he was going to make life better for my students.
7, 8, and 9 year olds who don't care about the war or the economy or 'partisan politics.'
They have no money, no stability, no goals...no future except for the one they will accidentally fall in to.
Some can't read or write or even pay attention long enough to absorb what we're trying to teach them.
They need medical attention and adult supervision and smaller class sizes.
In spite of the efforts of teachers and administrators and social workers, some of them continue to slip away.
Come into my classroom, visit some of my students in their homes, then come back and tell me you're leaving no child behind.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home