My Journey

Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's Summer in my Stomach

Organic spinach and carrots...tomatoes and red onion and cucumber and portabella mushrooms. Topped with a teensy bit of parmesan cheese and homemade rye bread croutons...
The best salad I think I've ever had...unfortuneately the larger-than-life bowl I made just yesterday is nearly gone :(
It makes me long for summer....farmers markets. Watermelon and strawberries and pineapple and mangoes and corn on the cob and fresh spinach and asparagus and I could go on and on forever because I'm obsessed with the food of summer and I want it NOW.
*Sigh*
I guess I'll have to wait.
In June I get to live at home for 2 weeks smack dab in the middle of the craziness that will be my summer. That means time to breathe and prepare and rejuvinate and hang out with the coolest little girl in the entire world and EAT OUT OF MY DAD'S GARDEN!!!
Oh the things I used to take for granted...
The best strawberries I ever had were picked early in the morning before he went to work a couple of summers ago. They were washed and waiting on a paper towel for me to eat when I woke up with a note in his handwriting - all capitals. They were red and perfect and organic in the purest sense of the word...and now I'll get to eat them for two whole weeks!!!
All I have to do is survive the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home