My Journey

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Full Speed Ahead

Packing and stairs and the realization that I am all too American, but am lucky to have amazing parents that repeatedly drop everything to move their daughters...
A new school with new kids and new teachers and a new routine that I will soon settle in to, but until I do the minutes creep by with 'what are we doing next' apprehension...
A new apartment that is still not put together...there are shelves to hang and a bathroom to clean and a mirror and nightlight to buy...but they will have to wait because I'm too busy getting used to being here.
I've been cross country skiing (also known as finding ways to creatively fall) and spending time with a boy whose quirks are much different without all of the miles inbetween us. It's amazing how different we are when we're both here...it's like the last year and a half of distance and arguing and 'stay together or not' conversations never even happened because suddenly it just works again...like it used to.
Falafels and healthy vegetarian Chinese and grape juice and cottage cheese...
Good radio stations that keep me company at night when I can't sleep because the sounds of the building have not yet become comforting.
Moments to breathe and many more when I forget to.
This will be good. I can feel it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home