My Journey

Thursday, October 04, 2007

If Our Lives Were A Reality Show...

This would have been a scene.
After a 14 hour day at school, the Boy and I were sitting down to dinner and the conversation turned to a friend of his who seems to always end up having short relationships with girls with whom he has had one night stands. When discussing the reasoning behind this pattern, the Boy laments,
"He always gets the milk without having to buy the cow!"
I stab him with my fork.
"I never saw any commission off of the purchase of this cow!" I replied.
"You're a skinny cow," he responded.
"Seriously, I can't believe you said that," I scolded, with a few more stabs.
He claimed they hurt, giggling all the while.
"No, but you know what I mean. He gets the good stuff without having to deal with all the intimacy stuff."
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed!
Now the fork rests on the plate, for fear that the next stab actually may hurt him.
"No, you know what I mean," he says.
"Yeah, I'm an expensive cow," I reply.
Boy takes a big bite of his soy chicken nugget.
"You better chew real slow and think of something super nice to say because you have two big strikes against you," I warn.
He spent the rest of the night trying to defend his analogy, but really....milk...not having to pay for the cow? Come on now.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger dorkyteacher said...

    THat makes you the sacred cow in my book. :)

     
  • At 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i had to explain to the guys where i work that american women donĀ“t like to be called "vacas/cows". i further related that if they were to america they would probably not last very long. had to tell them that "bear" is not a good term of endearment as well.

    jake

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Berne said...

    Boy+Foot+Mouth

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home