My Journey

Friday, May 04, 2007

It was one of those days where you don't want to sleep alone and after a friend's birthday party, when I was already half way to his house, I realized, he's only 10 minutes away....not 4 hours, and even after 8 months this being near is still an adjustment, so I called, "Can I come over?"
Sharing a day in person is so much better than over the phone and I thanked him for letting me sleep with the smell of his pillows and the comfort of everything that is his, and without hesitation he said, "You're just filling your spot in our bed."
The bed that will be mine...and his in 3 months.
And a puppy that is waiting for us half way across the country...
Thank God for balance in my life.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM , Blogger Jake said...

    so...when you say puppy, does that actually mean full grown dog, given the whole boy/man thing? i'm confused. anyways, yay for puppies and boys. that doesn't quite sound right, but i'm gonna leave it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home