My Journey

Saturday, February 17, 2007

So the New Boy is gone.
At least I think so.
I can't decide if I want him to be or not. Does my indecision mean I should fight for him or let him go? Do I really love him or just the place he fills in my life? Not knowing is scary and seems really unfair to him. Can you really love somebody after 6 months? Love grows...evolves...and we are growing, and evolving, so why does it feel so easy to walk away sometimes?
I don't think I believe in the kind of love I used to believe in. I think I believed in movie love. Love song love. Chick flick love.
There is a kind of love where you feel appreciated, supported, protected, and unconditionally accepted. I felt that with the Old Boy, but also don't feel like we're supposed to be together anymore, so then can you love more than one person in your life?
Do you marry someone just because you met at the right stage in your lives?
I don't know how to casually date. I don't think I want to. It's time to be alone for a while, I think. Focus on friends and career and family and this city and realize that someday all of this will happen again...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM , Blogger Ms. E said...

    I think the reason it's easier to walk away is because of how hard and jagged the last relationship's ending was.

    You have emotional endurance. Like a muscle that's been exercised and pushed to its limits, it's going to take a powerful connection to challenge your strength again.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home