My Journey

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tonight she played.
The Old Boy took the New Girl. It didn't make me mad or jealous or even phase me until tonight when I was listening to her CD and imagining her playing in bare feet with a smile on her face and that little bounce she has that comes from the pure passion inside of her heart that I got sad. Not because of him or her or even her but everything...snow and Minneapolis and Evergreen and Spyhouse and the lakes and old friends and....and....and....
I haven't felt like this for a long time. This starting over worked, but it doesn't mean that the old life is gone. It's who I was, and a part of who I still am, and I still miss it sometimes, like tonight, when she's playing, and I would love to be there with her, and him, maybe not her, but I'm glad that he has her, and that I have someone, too, and that we're both happy.
Our breakup and this move and starting over and chasing dreams didn't get the best of us.
We're still friends...good friends. I'm proud of us for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home