My Journey

Monday, November 27, 2006

Honey why you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now.
Honey why are you crying? Is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud
Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice
Hinder

Unpacking to a CD from him...the "Julie Groove" full of complicated break up/glad you were in my life songs.
Songs I'm sure he put together a month ago when things between us were very different.
Still, in spite of the tears they bring, they're nice to hear.
There is still something very real between us. He is still the best friend I've ever had and he knows me better than anyone.
But there is a new boy, and for him a new girl, and new relationships that become more serious by the day and lives that move forward in different directions and a past that is full of good memories,but memories just the same.

In the meanwhile the new boy is figuring me out. 'I'm thinking about you' texts and chocolate and red wine and suprises and hugs and coming over even when I'm not assertive enough to tell him that's what I want him to do.
The second time around is much much different and my heart realizes that it's once again falling for something and someone it didn't plan on.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home