My Journey

Sunday, November 12, 2006

If everything’s falling, if everything’s changed
If I’m in the open, if I’m in the way
What am I doing here
If you’re not with me
What have I got to live for, if it’s just my own dream
Take it back to the beginning, back to the start
When gravity’s pulling, you’re still holding my heart
Mat Kearney

Starting over after 5 months.
Letting him go...really letting him go...for the first time in the 3 years I've known him.
Realizing that my own dream was enough before him and it will be enough after him.
That there will be others...there are others. They will not be him, and they will not replace him and that's okay because I'm getting to the point where he doesn't need to be replaced. I'm okay with what we're becoming, even if I'm not sure what that is yet, and okay with knowing that someday he will not be my best friend anymore. He will not be the person I call for good and bad days, Aaliyah will not ask about him anymore, and our lives will move on without the other and I will be okay.
I'll be better than okay. I'll be strong and independent and living and working for things I believe in and hopefully he will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home