My Journey

Sunday, September 10, 2006

But time has changed nothing at all -
You're still the only one that feels like home.
I've tried cutting the ropes and I let you go but you're still the only one
That feels like home.
Missy Higgins

It's been 6 weeks. If we were a broken bone we would be healed.
Instead we go about making lives that are increasingly separate from each other. We still talk often, trying to figure out what 'normal' means for us...now...and I still think about him in certain moments or when I hear certain expressions or songs but finally I can call him a friend and not be lying to myself.
None of that changes the fact that I feel like I lost my home when I walked away from him. That the city I fell in love with is now ours and his and no part of it is only mine and where does that leave me when all that's left is only me?
I love my new city and new job and new life but I don't know that I will be here forever and Minneapolis was always a good 'back up' plan and now, like him, it's gone .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home