My Journey

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Homesick

For Hard Times and bulk bins at the Wedge and my running path with hills at just the right spots.
For Spyhouse and the twins and Emma and Kade and Loch...
For my little apartment and the boy who used to like to visit on his way home from work.
Life is different here. Relationships are still very on the surface and I miss the connection that comes from 5 years of persevering together.
I miss lakes and trees and clean air.
I miss the me I had finally learned to be in my last couple of months there.
I miss hippies and recycle bins and the park across the street and watching American Idol on Tuesday nights and....everything.
New York is not home yet and until it is the process of weaning myself off of the people and places of Minnesota is going to be very....painful...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Lindsi said...

    if it makes you feel better, it's disgusting and hot and humid and notallthat interesting around here lately.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home