My Journey

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And She's Gone

5 years of being at home here are over tomorrow. I feel like the world should stop for a day so I can think about it...reminisce, laugh, cry, be still, but it doesn't. Instead I make the drive home and spend 3 weeks in between lives.
Pardon the lack of blogging that is likely to occur in the upcoming weeks - it's time to reflect in my head and on paper and prepare myself for the craziness that will come all too soon. To sort through belongings and sell and give away. To play with my niece so much that she'll have to remember me, even though I won't see her for a very long time. To catch up with old friends and spend quality time with family...to be there just like I have been here for the last 5 years.
I will miss the lakes and trees and the fresh air, but most of all I will miss the people who have made this place home. Unless you've moved 750 miles away from where anyone knew or understood you, I'm not sure you can understand the magnitude of feeling so welcomed...
Thanks to everyone who's shared in the last 5 years of my life - I look forward to the day when our paths cross again.
See ya later, Minnesota!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home