My Journey

Monday, January 01, 2007

Looking Back - - Moving Forward

It was not the Times Square/crazy/ultimate New York City experience I wanted it to be.
I was not surrounded by 2 million people. There were no crazy 2007 glasses or thunder sticks or confetti.
Instead I drank champagne and laughed with the New Boy and his friends and my friends as the hours melted in to each other. I couldn't help but think about how much I'd learned over the last year. About myself and life...about change and how sometimes it's so needed but how it must be forced upon your heart and mind and how even when the change happens, sometimes the adjustment must also be forced. How dreams don't always feel like you thought they would, especially not at first, but it doesn't mean you should give up on them. How goodbyes are painful but sometimes needed, and how the space between goodbyes and hellos can be incredibly lonely.
Somewhere around 4 am it hit me that somehow I managed to find yet another group of people who support me and make me feel at home. So many people never find 1 such group. This is my third. I'm so incredibly lucky.
The high of happiness and bubbles from champagne and the excitement that still comes just from being here kept us awake until 6 am.
5 hours later we awoke to begin the new day...to prepare for students - to set goals, clean apartments, cleanse bodies, and rest minds. Tomorrow I see my babies again :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    is this guy 12? you keep calling him a boy. get a man julie. ha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home