My Journey

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Long Way Home

Nearly 3 years in the making...

The phone calls and the letters of loved ones
Always prying and implying that when
The stormy sides of dreams arrive
I feel the consequences hit
I've tried to explain
But the right words feel wrong
Big mistakes fill the well when the love is gone
And now there is crying and good-bying
Red Wanting Blue

The first holiday without him. Not that he was physically there for all of them, but he was there, on the phone, in stories...in my life. He, as in the old boy. They were Brandon fans, a lot of them, and rightly so. I never actually told them we broke up. (Thanks, mom, for doing it for me.) She never actually told them why, and I danced around the issue to the point where I'm going home to lots of questions and things I don't want to talk about. It was about so much and nothing all at the same time but you don't just end 2 and a half years over nothing so it has to be something...
They deserve an explanation, more than the one I give my niece of, "Brandon went bye bye but he loves you and we can call him."
My actions and relationships affect other people. They will not be meeting this new boy for quite some time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home