My Journey

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Happy

Dinner at Afghani restaurants where you bring your own wine and talk about life and boys and the past and the future and the present and how you're so glad it's here, with each other, now, with candles and Christmas and taxis and New York all around you.
Rockafeller Center and new red sweaters and $2 cotton candy and girls nights out that end with more giggles on the train.
Brunch with this new boy that tops off a weekend full of Christmas shopping in which I found everything I needed to get before I fly to KS for Christmas with myfavoritepersoninthewholewideworld.
A warm apartment that smells like stir fry and candles and a bed with new fluffy sheets and cookies from a mom that still sends them even though I'm a grown up and should make them myself (I don't because she sends them and hers are so much better...)
I'm happy here.
My job is insane but I love my kids. I can't imagine not teaching them...
I miss the old boy sometimes but am over him, I think. We, at this point in time, are not right for each other.
I miss Minneapolis sometimes, but am finding more and more things I would miss about New York if I left, and meeting more and more people I would miss as well.
This is life, and I'm starting to love it here.
I started over, again, and made it, at least I think so.
Not that there will not be ups and downs as there are in life, but the 'put me on a plane and get me out of this city' adjustment period is over.
This was my dream.
It came true :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home