My Journey

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crack Whore

On Friday, one of my kids read the sentence, "The cow had a cracked horn." as "The cow had a crack whore."
OMG. So funny.
Only none of my kids laughed.
Which proves what low comprehenders they are.
And how far I have to push them before the state test.
And how different they are from my old kids, who would have laughed uncontroablly for at least 30 minutes if someone had made that mistake.
When I asked him to read it again, he said the same thing, at which point I could hear the dean on the other side of the wall start to laugh, and I had to swallow any laughter I had and walk him through the phonetics of why horn is not whore.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM , Blogger Sue said...

    Oh my goodness, this is hysterical. Totally made my day. How you didn't burst out laughing I'll never know.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home