My Journey

Thursday, September 02, 2004

The Distance

' I can't take the distance
I can't take the miles
I can't take the time until the next time I see you smile'
Evan and Jaron

I just want to see him smile. I can hear it over the phone but I can't see it and it's not the same. I've always been this incredibly independent person but then something happened and sometimes I just need him to be here.
This week has been busy, but good. Had coffee with Amy on Monday and left feeling rejuvenated and inspired - I've been blessed with awesome friends.
Senate has gone well this week, we have so many supporters - it's more than we could have hoped for. "I love this," Jake said to me today. Me too. I love it but something's missing - the time when I don't have to be anyone but simply Julie who can't stand to sleep with any lights on and hates her food to touch. You get close enough to someone and they know so much about you that when they leave, they take parts of you with them. It doesn't matter that it's only been 6 days - it feels like forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home