My Journey

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Me, Too

"We always kissed at 11:11--it was a strange little habit. Our anniversary was on the 11th, and we got together on October 11th, so on our 1-month anniversary on 11/11 at 11:11 we kissed more than we did at any other 11:11. The best memories hurt the most. I miss things like that."
Lindsi

Brandon and I are together and I still miss things like that.
They ended when he left...like the distance is this monster that we can't get rid of even when he's sitting right next to me.
I know that simply being in the same city won't make our relationship into a fairy tale. I want it to give us the opportunity to make it in to something real that we both are inspired to be a part of.
But what if it doesn't, and what if I continue to still miss how it used to be?
Can romance really last forever, or do things always get in the way?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Dr. Gregory Roberts said...

    Romance. Humph. You must be talking about the "fire" you feel when you first get with that someone special.

    I don't see any difference between a new car and a relationship. For example, when you first climb into the seat, you're excited just to go for a drive. This lasts for a few weeks or months at best. Not to say that there won't be an occasional sunny day when you hop in and take her out on the open road and enjoy it as much as the first day you took her out.

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Hhhmmm...interesting point, but I disagree.
    His parents, and to some extent my parents, still have it. And they've been married for over 30 years. I think if you find the right person and make it a priority it can last. It's whether or not we can get it back after spending the last year apart.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home