My Journey

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Senate elections are over.
I feel ready to hand it over. Not burnt out, but also not dreading the day it's not my job any more.
Now the transition begins - getting someone ready for a change no one can prepare them for.
I could say I've learned a lot in the past 2 years but that wouldn't do the experience justice.
I could say I've met some great people in the last 2 years, but what I've really done is make life long friends.
There are parts of this experience that have changed who I am and what I value.
There were days I loved the job, and others when I hated it. Times when I didn't prioritize the way I wish I had, and days when I let myself get too emotionally involved in decisions that were being made.
I wouldn't change any of it, because I learned from all of it...
For the last 2 years it's been totally consuming. In a month it will be completely gone. I need somebody to prepare me for that transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home