My Journey

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Dig Deep

Home from our last conference. There were tears today at our goodbyes. I swore to myself that there wouldn't be - that being surrounded by 5 boys would stop my tears. They cried at knowing how close I was to crying, and before long we were all masking tears behind laughter, trying to look happy for the cameras, but finding ourselves desperately unprepared for the change that leaving would inevitably bring.
The only people that will ever truly understand the experience we've had together are the people that were directly a part of it. Then again, I'm sure that can be said of any experience.
I'll write about it some time, when I've had time to process...
Right now reminders of them are everywhere and the pain is magnified by the fact that not all 7 of us were there for the goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home