My Journey

Monday, June 06, 2005

Love=Peanuts and Spaghetti

I wanted thai food.
We were supposed to go to a concert.
Work was crazy and I didn't get to eat all afternoon.
I get sick when I don't eat.
I was tired and hungry and grumpy so we didn't go to the concert.
He went to Perkins with his friends.
He was supposed to read my mind and know I wanted to go out for thai food with him.
Someday I will learn to stop expecting that from him.
2 hours later he comes over, offering to cook for me.
I still wanted thai.
He went to the grocery store.
It was closed.
He went to the gas station.
He came home with peanuts and spaghetti.
'What are you doing?' I asked.
'I'm going to make thai with peanuts and spaghetti,' he said.
I thought it was a joke, but he was serious.
I told him there was no way he could make thai with that, and we made something else.
But he tried and it made me realize that little things like that are what I take for granted.
Little things like that are what you get when you live in the same city.
Oh how I love the little things....

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    Thats fuckin awesome, you're never going to read this, but that's fucking awesome

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home