My Journey

Thursday, June 09, 2005

When he came over for dinner yesterday he remembered to bring everything he said he would.
This morning, before he left, he made the bed without me even asking him to. He hates making the bed.
I've realized that wanting back what we used to be is a waste of time. A year has passed and we are both different people. We've grown and changed as individuals and as a couple and I can't expect either one of us to be exactly who we were because we're not.
I kind of like the new him. The one that admits that he can't always 'fix it' or understand me...and I kind of like the new me - the one that is learning to say exactly what she feels without worrying that it will be used against me in a moment of weakness.
We still have points of contention, but without them it would be boring. They keep us real and interesting to each other. He is not a carbon copy of me, but instead someone who inspires and educates me.
I'm working on falling in love with him, with us, again, and I will keep doing it again...and again....and again....over and over for the rest of my life if we are going to stay together. I need to love who he is today - not who he was yesterday or who he will be tomorrow, and only hope that he does the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home