My Journey

Sunday, September 25, 2005

I went to bed last night wanting nothing more than to not be in this town. To be at home with my family, or in the cities with him. I curled up in my bed, slept on the side he usually sleeps on, and tried to find comfort in the fact that I didn't have to get up to an alarm for the first time in 2 weeks.
I woke up refreshed, looking forward to a hike with a friend, and ready to appreciate the time I have left here. The small town. The lake, the State Parks all around us, the people who have made this place what it is to me.
In 3 months I will be leaving for a city that gave me life but also made me long for blue skys and forests full of trees and clean air.
After that comes a state far away. More skyscrapers and people and noise. Possibly the biggest city I will live in my entire life. So, for now, I will resist the urge to escape every weekend and learn to enjoy what I have left here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home