My Journey

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The weather was bad today so we took our students on a walk in the tunnels. When we passed the stairs in Pine I couldn't help but think of how many times I had climbed them to see him. How many times we had climbed them together...the fact that never once had I walked down them angry at him. Memories of ordering morning bagels from Paul Bunyan Sub Shop, watching movies, doing homework...taking naps. Life was different then...we were different then. Not better, or worse...just different and today I missed the way things used to be.
I have so many good memories of those days...of me...of him...of us. Our beginning was incredible.
No ending, good or bad, could ever take that away. There's comfort to be found in that.
Still, I can't help but feel that this short break is the beginning of something longer and more permanent. It's not over yet, I keep telling myself.
Yet.
Part of me wants to escape yet for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home