My Journey

Thursday, May 04, 2006

For ignoring you: my highest voices
For smiling when my strife was all too obvious
For being so disassociated from my body
and for not letting go when it would’ve been the kindest thing
Alanis

Everyday the chance to start over is closer. New people, new town, new life, new job. I'm excited for that. I worked hard for it.
But I love this city - the coops and the people and the green that is in the grass and the culture. I love the coffee shops and vegetarian restaurants and the way they're nestled in my little neighborhood so I can walk to them, passing the "Esparanza de Jesus" sign on the way. I love that I (most of the time) know where I'm going and the sounds of little kids playing and yelling in Spanish or Somalian and the way the sun shines in my apartment early in the morning.
There's not much I look forward to leaving...and even with the energy that will come from all of the beginnings, the lump down in my throat knows that maybe I'll never be ready but I'll leave just the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home