My Journey

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Dashboard

The things that are keeping you here are not keeping me here
The things that are keeping you here keep me away
-Dashboard Confessional-
So our roomie is moving out to live with his girlfriend. He graduated and was planning to move in September but stayed to be with her - he stayed because of her, and I can't wait to leave because of Brandon. It's crazy how much we're driven by emotions. I have a job here that I love, and my classes are the only path I know to get where I've always dreamed of being. Yet one person has such an effect on me. If he was in Kansas, that's where I'd want to be - if he was across the ocean, that's where I'd want to be. I'm being rational - I'm here, doing what I need to be doing - but it's different...I'm not really here. My thoughts, my worries...my heart...they're all somewhere else and the second life allows me to leave here, I'll be with him. How does love have the power to change so much...and even more important, how does it have the power to make stubborn people change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home