My Journey

Monday, November 08, 2004

Therapy

I just spent the last 2 hours cutting, coloring, and pasting. The good news - my alphabet knowledge game will kick ass. The bad news - 3 hours into it and I'm only half done. Several people have laughed at my 'homework' in the last week. Cutting, laminating, and coloring - lately it's filled a large part of my days. I go from researching for my thesis to coloring, then back to my thesis. "I didn't like doing it in second grade - I sure as hell wouldn't do it now," Jake said last week. I laughed, knowing that he would never understand how therapeutic it is for me. It keeps me busy enough that my thoughts don't overwhelm me, but is routine to the point where it allows me to think. About Brandon, Senate, my family, my friends, where I will be in the next year...and sometimes, it allows me to just plain not think, which is a gift in itself. At the end of it I have a clear head, a completed assignment, and hands that are marker stained and sticky - I love it - this is what I'm supposed to do :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home