My Journey

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Letter To Someone Far Away

I haven't talked to you in 2 days. We've played a lot of phone tag and left numerous messages. You got off work early but I was at a friend's. It's time to call you back, but I just don't know if I can.
So much has happened since we last spoke that I don't have the energy to catch you up on it. Without telling you what has happened we'll only have a superficial conversation, and usually those feel like a waste of time. I'll get bitter and you'll get angry and we'll end up hurting each other like we always do. The next morning we'll apologize but it will be in the back of our heads, and the next time I see you we'll hug a little less and resent a little more. I don't want that.
I want to hear about your day, and I want to tell you about mine, but the night has stolen the opportunity and I don't have the energy needed to communicate with anyone.
As you fall asleep tonight I hope that you do not worry. I hope that you find comfort in knowing that you are in my heart and in my thoughts but that tonight I just didn't have the energy it took to be away from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home