My Journey

Friday, May 06, 2005

Engaged

Somebody asked me today if we were engaged. "NO!" I quickly said.
'It's okay, everybody thinks we're dating, but we're not,' I said, in part to make her feel better about the mistake she had made, in part because it's true.
'You two are really going to miss each other,' said another.
"Yeah," was all I could say.
Do not remind me that he is leaving to go across the ocean, or that life as I've known it is about to be over, or that this person who is a part of my everyday decision making process will suddenly be gone.
I'm not sure that anyone will ever understand the friendship that we have. Maybe I never will. But it's fun, and uncomplicated, and I like that.
I will miss him, but I will never tell him that.
I think he'll miss me too, but he'll never tell me that either.
It's okay though, because we'll both just know.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Dr. Gregory Roberts said...

    Not even dating, eh? It sounds to me like it's a lot more than just friendship.

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger Berne said...

    Close friendships are stronger than time or distance. Things may be changing, but one way or another he'll be there...if not physically, then in mind and spirit. Remember the good times, and that he will be back...

    Unless he decides to convert to Rastafarianism, grow dreads, and spend the rest of his life on a fishing boat in Jamaica eating mangoes , but somehow I can't see that happening, so we have nothing to worry about.

    Hang in there :)

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Ha ha ha grey...
    Different boys...I don't usually use their names for several reasons. I do have a boyfriend that doesn't live in Bemidji - that's not who this post was about.
    Sorry - I can see how it would be confusing...

     
  • At 9:22 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    How does Berne no about Rastafarianism.
    that's so cool. I think he moved up a notch! :)

    (Berne, take no offense, it was a compliment)

     
  • At 12:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    why is grey an idiot? oh yeah he was brainwashed by the army....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home