My Journey

Monday, June 13, 2005

The other day I accidentally shot a rubber band across the room. I was trying to show him that it was elastic - it streches. But it shot through the air, over the plastic house, and landed by the window. He'd never seen one do that before. We laughed and laughed and laughed...harder than I've laughed in a really long time.
Today he woke up from his nap and exclaimed, "Hi Julie!" He extended his arms in the universal language that says pick me up and I did. He laid on my shoulder for a good 5 minutes, then went on with his usual hyper activity, returning every so often to hug my legs.
She fell off of a tricycle today. She shouldn't have even been on it. It was way too big for her. But she was, and she fell off, and another teacher picked her up to comfort her but she kicked until she was put down, then ran to me as fast as she could, tripping and falling once again along the way.
When we turn the lights on after nap time, they say 'YEA!' so loud that it makes people outside the room turn and look.
They think it's the greatest thing in the world to poop in a 'big kid' toilet, and they love to 'hide' their shoes and socks in the trash can.
They make me look forward to going to work, even on a Monday when they're high off of sugar and a little too much weekend fun.
The 20 little people I spend my afternoons with amazing. Everyone should be so lucky as to have a group of toddlers affect the way they look at the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home