My Journey

Monday, August 08, 2005

About a Boy

Today he told me he loved me.
He's told me before, and I'm sure he'll tell me again.
But he tells me at such weird moments that I can never tell when he is or isn't going to say it.
He'll eat just about anything I make, and he loves fruit.
On many occasions he has been my favorite part of the day, and I always look forward to seeing him.
He loves snuggling and playing with my hair.
When someone hurts me, he's always the first to offer comfort.
He's incredibly smart, and a pretty good artist, as far as my amateur eyes can tell.
Soon our time together will be up, and I'll miss him more than he will ever know.
His name is Eric, and he's 2.
He's my student, and along with his 19 partners in crime, he's made my summer.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you ought to be a writer. Freelance perhaps? (In addition to teaching of course, I know there's no way of giving that up!)

    :o)

    Sadie

     
  • At 12:05 AM , Blogger Berne said...

    such a cute story

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home