My Journey

Monday, August 15, 2005

Internship Wrap Up

The last paragraph of my last entry for my Penny Fellowship journal...

The biggest lesson that I learned from this experience is that this is not where I want to be in my career right now. I am not inspired by a day that consists of sitting at a desk and staring at a computer. I want to be out interacting with people and forming positive, nurturing relationships with my students. The work that Ready 4 K is doing is important to the education community. However, I have learned that my place, for now, is in ‘the field’…grading papers and reading stories and giving hugs. My calling is to be a positive role model to the 24 students who know me as their teacher. Teaching is my passion, and while I may someday end up at an organization like Ready 4 K, it will not be until I have had my fill of students. I don’t belong here, not now, and that is as valuable a lesson as any.

And with that I prepare to leave. The tears will come when I leave the 20 little people who bring me laughter everyday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home