My Journey

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Engagements and weddings and talk of people planning to spend their futures intertwined with someone else.
Ever since I was little I've wondered....how do they know? How do they know they won't change in 5 or 10 years? How do they know they won't get the urge to just run...alone...someday, and never come back? How do they know that the decision they're making is made out of logic and not just the butterflies that come from hearing, "I love you." How do they know they won't meet someone else later...and that they won't end up divorced...like half of all people that get married.
I don't know that I'll ever know - it's not in my nature. So do you just leap and hope that your heart and head will continue to agree for the rest of your life?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM , Blogger nrlaumei said...

    I say don't leap, but keep walking and keep listening and keep living and keep experiencing together. I say focus on the what do we need right now (which does include some planning for the future)and be honest enough to realize that you just can't know what's coming in two years, five years, ten years--but if you focus on what's important your life together will continue to grow and change like the free, organic thing it should be. But that's just what I say and I don't believe in a lot (most) of the conventional attitudes about marriage (and other things).

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger wanderer said...

    Natasha doesn't know what she's talking about. Take it from a man whose been engaged. You know when you know.


    Okay, that was a load of crap. Listen to Natasha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home