My Journey

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Us 12 Months Ago

Just, walk away and gather your thoughts for the second wave
Of this arguement on this epic changing day
It's crazy to think that an hour ago all things were great.
But we stand here both proud both wrong and right
Throwing cheap shots in this stubborn fight
And our lives are so intertwined and one
But we're just so stuck in this moment and it's clear that we're coming undone
And you see it's hard for me to breath
When I got all worked up with these feelings
And I don't know exactly how it is but we can be so mad we consider it to not exist
But we both know that theres so much love clenched within our fists

The goodbye waves, in the driveway just resinate
And yes I'm throwing it right back at her
While we're drowning in rivers from our face
As we just want to know "If this, is this, over?"
A trembling silence fills the air as we stand here so impaired but so aware

So hey now maybe it's being stupid
Maybe it's being dumb
Maybe it's time that we stopped and we realize that fighting will win
We are one
How at first it's pure and lovely
The battle can be torn to shreds with time and with patience and with love and effection
Can beat this with needles and thread
Because I love you, and you love me, and nothing will make that sway
So don't walk away
The Rocket Summer

How much I've learned about myself since then...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Sometimes I think of where I was a year ago too. It's crazy sometimes to think I was there at all...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home