My Journey

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hold on to anything
Everything's over and done
Has the fear taken over you
Tell me is that what you want to make up your life
Rob Thomas

Fearing that forgiveness is nothing more than permission to mess up again, I hold grudges.
Fearing that my voice is taken for granted, I don't always answer the phone.
Fearing that vulnerability will only hurt me in the long run, I'm only open when I feel like it.
This is not how I want to live.
Love forgives...love converses...love is eternally vulnerable.
It's not that I don't trust - I do...more than I ever have anyone else in my entire life.
I stumbled upon unconditional belief and acceptance and safety...permission to explore without being judged, knowing that I had a safety net to catch me if I fell.
Movies and TV shows and love songs have ruined real love by making us think that it's perfect all of the time, when the reality of real hurt and real tears and real apologies are more beautiful than the right line at the right time ever could be.
Growth is real and will conquer my fears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home