My Journey

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Done

Recovering and learning how to breathe again.
No more being on edge every day...10 minute lunch breaks...angry students I can't reach because I didn't have the time...no more investing partially because I didn't have the opportunity to invest fully.
It will start again - the long days and restless sleep and going the extra mile...but before then I get a break. To run and do yoga and hike and laugh and sleep and nanny and advocate and go home and re-center.
For the next 8 weeks I'll nanny and do public policy/organizing for Ready 4 K. Each day will be different and work will not come home with me. I'll be happier and healthier and ready to face whatever NYC has waiting for me.
I never thought the day would come that I would graduate and be happy about it...like college was the best time of my life and when it was over I would spend the rest of my life reminiscing. With my diplomas in the mail and tons of growth behind me, I'm pretty dang sure that the best is yet to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home