My Journey

Friday, March 07, 2008

Just bend the pieces ‘till they fit
Like they were made for it
But, they weren’t meant for this
Dashboard Confessional

It's 11:00 on a Friday night and the Boy still hasn't left work. This would not be a concern if he had not gone in at 7:30 am, and if he had gotten home before 10:30 last night, or before 9:00 the night before....but this is the story of his new job.
To people who don't live in New York, this is what life is like here. People work long hours, it's the city that never sleeps....blah, blah, blah.....but if it's your real life, it's not glamorous. I never see him, and it will only get worse, and I have to ask myself, is that what I want for my life?
He loves this job and this city and I, neither one, only him, but can I settle for someone who crawls in to bed so late I don't even remember him coming in?
Is this how I want to life my life....raise my children?
There is more to life than money (and the funny thing is the Boy could be a public school teaching and make more than he's making right now).
Relationships were not made for this, at least not ours....or maybe it's just me.......I'm not made for this.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you're longing for MN or back with you family... I hope things start to look up.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home