My Journey

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Truth

Spoken to a friend over the phone today...preparing myself for June, knowing how hard goodbyes will be.
"Some will graduate, some will go to different settings, and the ones that are left....are going to feel betrayed and abandoned." I said.
It was the first time I had ever admitted that to myself.
Betrayed. Abandoned.
Today they prayed before their Social Studies test. 4 of them formed a circle and held hands. They unite at the most important times. "Lord, let us do well today. Ms. G says we are ready and she believes in us. Make us stay calm and do good. Let Ms. G see us graduate and go to prom. We know she gonna cry! And we will too. Can I get a amen?"
How do I make them understand? How do I keep them from feeling like I lied to them?
Most of all, how do I justify leaving kids that are so much...mine? In my mind the decision has already been made, but my heart breaks every time I think about them ever finding out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home