My Journey

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Damn Politics

In Political Inquiry today some guy would not shut up about Kerry and his military record and how it was all false. I wasn't going to argue with him - truth is I don't really like Kerry that much, but I really don't like Bush. I decided not to argue with him, simply because he wasn't worth the energy. I'm tired of un-needed conflict - arguing because the only thing many of us seem to be good at is disagreeing with each other. I went to my night class tired and unfocused, but left inspired. An excerpt from an article we read on inclusion...

"Many suggest that with our society in crisis, we need to mount the barricades and defend our turf. Typical responses include: hire more police, build more jails, create more special education, administer more electro-shock, issue more behavior modifying drugs. Control, control, control. There is another possibility. We could strive to welcome and include everyone, to build a society with more acceptance, more love, more care, and more compassion."
THIS is why I'm getting into education and politics. Not to argue and debate but to make the world BETTER. I will not argue with the Bush puppet in Inquiry, nor will I listen to Kerry puppets. Politics is not making the world a better place - but public policy is. If we elect people that CARE ABOUT PEOPLE our society will not need more jails, police, or special education because together our society will function on it's own...aaahhh...the joy of idealism. Do they have a party for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home