My Journey

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Is it 2006 yet?

Someone please tell me how dumb it would be to spend time filling out an application for Teach for America for this coming year. I fit the requirements - I will have a degree in May - in Political Science. I could, if accepted, teach for two years and get most of my student teaching waived, therefore still eventually obtaining a degree in Education.
Just because I fit the requirements doesn't mean I'm a good applicant. An ed degree would strengthen my application (I think). My internship experience this summer, where ever it may be, will strengthen my application. Another year of growing, reading, and learning will strengthen my application. TIME SPENT IN THE CLASSROOM will strengthen my application.
But I want the future to be now so much I can't stop thinking about it...

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    I deal with impatience too.. Even just in class today when the teacher was 15 minutes late and then took a bunch more time trying to figure out the computer,,, I was thinking of a way he could have more efficiently do it.. You can complain to me abuot impatience! I have it too... only I'm trying to lose it, but I don't know if it will work!!! But good luck w/ all of your endeavors, and I'll support it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home