My Journey

Saturday, February 26, 2005

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide
Howie Day

I woke feeling stronger today - physically, emotionally, and mentally. I'm kidding myself if I think we can just walk away and cut off all communication. There's still something there, even if it's just a deep friendship. We need to figure out what it is and if it's worth the work it takes from both of us to maintain it. A calming night with friends had prepared me for our conversation last night and I was ready - in control, logical, not emotional. He'll come here next weekend for 'the conversation'. Topics will be decided on ahead of time - no suprises. Decisions will be made out of strength, not the weakness that comes from being overwhelmed by emotions.
We've both changed so much. I want to be the person I was when he first met me - strong and independent. I can get that back - I feel it already. We both need to start over - would it be counterproductive to start over with each other?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home