My Journey

Monday, April 11, 2005

Escape, Escape, Escape

It's all I could think about on the drive back today. In a month I could be leaving forever. Amazing and scary all at the same time. After my deposition today I observed at a school in Plymouth. Being in the classroom is addicting. I'm ready to go. I don't need the experience of student teaching. It would be beneficial, but I don't need it. How could I not take Teach for America if they give it to me? Why would I stay for another year if I don't have to?
Friends. That's my cop out answer. I don't want to leave my friends. Newsflash Julie. The people that you are going to stay in touch with will always be in your life. The people that you won't stay in touch with will not. Why spend another year investing in casual relationships? Don't.
Brandon. My next answer. The person he met and fell in love with would not change her dreams for anyone, including him, and he would never ask her to. Why give up something if you know you'll end up resenting him for it? Don't.
Family. I'm already far away from them. 15 hours or 25 hours really isn't that much of a difference. They support me in what ever I do. Why stay here and pretend that I did it to stay closer to them? Don't.
Don't, don't, don't. Escape, escape, escape. Somebody please teach me how to be okay with being here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home