My Journey

Saturday, May 07, 2005

I wanna be soft and resolved
Clean of slate and released
I wanna forgive for the both of us
Alanis Morissette

What if there's too much work to be done? Too much hurt and pain and things said out of anger? Too much intensity, too much looking out for ourselves because it was the only way to function...
I love him. I'm pretty sure he loves me too. I'm excited to spend the summer with him, living separate lives but being able to easily share things with him.
I just don't know if it's enough.
I want it to be. I want us to find what we used to have. I want to talk to him without crying. I want to forgive both of us for even letting it get to this point.
But there's a part of me that's built walls...walls I don't know if he's persistent enough to climb...walls I don't have the strength to tear down.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Dr. Gregory Roberts said...

    But there's a part of me that's built walls...walls I don't know if he's persistent enough to climb

    What the? You know, you can't have cake and eat it too. Stop trying to lie to yourself or stop whatever game you're playing.

    My personal philosophy when it comes to relationships is think less, act more. If you spend your whole life thinking of what you would like or what could have been, it will pass you by and you'll end up like e.v.'s elderly woman behind a counter in a small town.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home