My Journey

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Less chaos, More biting

We rearranged the classroom today. It took three hours, 2 guys, a vacuum, and me. There's less open space and more defined play areas. We hoped it would cut down on the noise and random running around.
It did.
Amazing to know that what I learned in my infant and toddler classes actually comes in handy sometimes.
******************
Meanwhile the kid that bites is still biting. Today he almost broke the skin of another girl. I don't understand...At 2 years old he's already been kicked out of a center, and if some people had their way he'd be kicked out of ours. At home he's treated like a grown up in all the wrong situations and has way too much life experience than his little brain can handle. It makes me want to take him home, thinking that somehow, some way, I would figure out how to do a better job than his single parent is doing. 'Don't judge,' says the little voice in my head. 'BUT THE SYSTEM IS GOING TO FAIL THIS KID,' says the big voice in my head. 'DO SOMETHING.' So I try, fearing that the 3 months I have with him just won't be enough.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    Isn't is hard to know that if you don't do something no one will. And that might not even be enough? But we gotta keep trying or it's all for nothing. You are making a difference. That's the hardest part to remember--the little things count, you just wrote that yourself a few days ago.
    We might be little but we can do big things, even if they don't seem big to us.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home